TECH 331 – Technology Problem
Analysis & Design II
Department of Engineering and Design
Eastern Washington University
Homework 7 (50 Points)
Find a technical journal for your current or planned field of work, and write an executive summary of one of the major articles in it. You may use a hard copy or an electronic format of a journal of your choice. The library is a good source for a variety of different journals. Remember to include the reference for the journal that you choose. Follow the format referenced in “An Engineer’s Guide to Technical Communication” figure 6.1, on page 81. Length: ½ to 1 page. ***Do not use the format shown in Figure 6.2 for this assignment.***
– Use black text only.
– Text size needs to be 12 point size.
– Text needs to be single spaced.
– Margins on the document should be 1’’ on all sides.
– The following name block should appear in the upper right of your document:
TECH 331 –Technology Problem Analysis II
– Title of your document is “Homework 7.”
– Paragraphs should have correct indentation.
– Please spell check and proofread your work.
– Please add page numbers to your document.
Opinion: When a question asks for your opinion, its answer is exactly that-your opinion. Feel free to use your own opinion.
Cite Examples: For this class, you may use a citation right after the answer to a question, or you may list your references at the end of the project. It is not required to have a separate reference page for this class.
Stating the Question before Answering It: While some reports require that you state the question before your answer, in this class it is not required to do this.
Saving/Naming Your File:
When you save your file make sure that your name and the project number are included in it.