1. When answering each question, each answer should be complete and respond to all facets of the question. State your assumptions if needed. Your writing style will be evaluated (points will be deducted for writing errors).2. The format of your answers should be the following:
3. The deliverable must be APA compliant and include at least two credible references for each question. Place your reference list at the end of each question. No references to wikis, blogs and other unreliable sources are accepted.4. All five answers must be original and in your own words. This means that you should not include quoted material in your answers. I want to know what YOU know!
Questions (ANSWER EACH OF THESE QUESTIONS)
Evaluate cloud computing in relation to each of these four (4) criteria. (20 points)
2.The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) consists of both Operational Components and Support components. These entities are: Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA); Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA); Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC); Transportation Security Administration (TSA); U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS); U.S. Coast Guard (USCG); U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP); U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE); U.S. Secret Service (USSS); Countering Weapons of Mass Destruction Office; Management Directorate; Office of Intelligence and Analysis; Office of Operations Coordination; Science and Technology DirectorateThe DHS strategic plan states: “The Nation faces a complex threat landscape with enemies and adversaries who are constantly evolving. Accordingly, the Department will build on the considerable progress since its formation and lead homeland security initiatives across this Nation and the globe that meet the threats of today and the future. The Department’s dedicated operators and personnel will safeguard against threats both foreign and domestic, respond to national emergencies and contingencies, and preserve the Nation’s prosperity and economic security.”Define and explain data warehousing in detail and describe how it could be used in the DHS. (20 poiints)
3. Describe how applying big data technology to social media can be useful for:(1) a chain of fitness centers,(2) a large government agency,(3) a multinational fashion retail company, and(4) a global online university.Finally, summarize the negative aspects of applying social media data in this way and identify ways to mitigate these concerns. (20 points)
4. Identify and describe four technologies developed and/or advanced by Google and explain how it impacts society positively and negatively. At least one technology must be related to networks and at least one should be related to mobile technology. Indicate which technology is related to networks and which relates to mobile technology. (20 points)
5. You have just been hired to work in a brand-new family grocery/bakery store in Adelphi, Maryland. You know the value of information systems and want to convince the owner (who knows only how to manage a grocery/bakery store) that technology can help the business. List at least four (4) business-related competitive strategies (not technologies) that will address the potential risks an organization may encounter as it strives to maintain or improve its position in the marketplace. Also, for each competitive strategy you identify, give an IT technology example that can apply to support that strategy. (20 points)