Current Issues and Enduring Questions: A Guide to Critical Thinking and Argument, with Readings 11th Edition by Sylvan Barnet (Author),â€Ž Hugo Bedau (Author),â€Ž John O’Hara (Author)
Read Pages 24-29, Topics for Critical Thinking and Writing 1-5.
Read Pages 62-63, Topics for Critical Thinking 1-4. Pages
Read Pages 122-124, Topics for Critical Thinking and Writing 1-3.
The quiz is due on December 23rd. Late quiz submissions will suffer a 15% penalty. Quizzes submitted after December 24th will not be accepted.
Please define/explain the following terms/concepts-
Syllogism section-worth 5 points each.
12. Create a syllogism that focuses on the priorities of a successful parent- the syllogism has to be valid.
13. Create a syllogism that focuses on the priorities of a successful parentâ€”the syllogism should not be valid.
True or False Section:
14. The topic sentence is the first paragraph of the essay.
15.A syllogism consists of a major premise, a minor premise, and a conclusion.
16. If a deductive reasoning argument is considered valid, it will also be considered true.
17. Ethos is associated with appealing to the emotions of the reader.
18. Logos is associated with appealing to the reader through reasoning.
19. When someone is paraphrasing, that person is summarizing the main points of an article or essay.
20. Abstract language is associated with tangible qualities-things we can process through our senses.
21. Concrete language is associated with intangible qualitiesâ€”ideas or concepts.
22. A critical summary focuses on why the reader disagrees with the argument that they just read.
23. Ostensive definitions are linked to defining by providing examples of the word you are trying to define.
24.Short essay response: What Advice Do You Have for Younger Kids About Navigating Social Media? (Courtesy of The New York Times) Structure mattersâ€”3 paragraph minimum. 500-word minimum. Worth 20 points
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
The post critical thinking and writing appeared first on My Nursing Experts.